This is a delicious pesto that is simple to make. Only a few key ingredients. Freezer friendliness is an added bonus. The Nutritional Yeast gives it a cheesy flavor. You would never guess that it is dairy free.
Makes about 1 Cup
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup Macadamia Nuts You can substitute for any nuts of your choice. Walnut, Cashew, Pecans, Pine Nuts.....
- 2 cups Packed Sweet Basil Leaves
- 1/2 cup olive oil extra virgin
- 1 TBSP Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 TBSP Nurtritional Yeast (Optional)
- Sea Salt, Pepper to taste (Optional)
Place the the basil leaves in a food processor and blend to a green paste.
Add the garlic, nuts and some salt in there and process briefly.
While processing, gradually add the olive oil and finally add the nutritional yeast and lemon juice.
Pack extra pesto in Freezer Safe Jars or Ice Cube Trays and freeze