A few years ago I decided to try the Paleo way of life. I quit all grains and most sugar 🙂 to see if the results people talk about on the interwebs was really true. I decided to dedicate myself to it for at least 30 days. At the end of my trial I really happy with the results and discovered some great recipes. Paleo Baked Sweet Potatoes became one of our families favorites.
My mind seemed clearer, I feel happier on a daily basis and have lost a couple pounds along the way. Not bad if I do say so. In the past I would get the low carb shakes on certain diets but never got them on this one.
Paleo is considered to be a lifestyle, not a diet, and now I can see why. You never felt deprived because you can eat almost as much as you want of the Paleo approved foods. Since then we have migrated to a Vegan based diet. This recipe is both Vegan and Paleo so I am including it in my monthly meal rotations. Have you a tried Paleo or Vegan lifestyle? What were your results? I would love to hear your thoughts.
As I journey down the winding caveman path, I have discovered a new family favorite – SWEET POTATOES. I have never really cooked sweet potatoes much before now but have found some of the best ways to enjoy them. One being Vegan – Paleo Oven Baked Sweet Potatoes.
Paleo Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Whole Sweet Potatoes (White Flesh)
- 2 Whole Sweet Potatoes (Orange Flesh)
- 2 TBSP Garlic Olive Oil (or plain)
- 1 Pinch Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees. Wash sweet potatoes and poke with a fork. Microwave sweet potatoes on high for 8-10 minutes. Prepare 2 cookie sheets by brushing half the olive oil onto the sheets. Remove from microwave and allow to cool 5-10 minutes. Once they are cool enough to handle, cut potatoes into 1/4 thick inch rounds. Place rounds onto cookie sheets. Brush remaining olive oil onto the top of the sweet potato rounds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 min.