These moringa noodles are a new family favorite. Although there are limitless possibilities for a pasta dish and many sauce choices, this one is hands down our new goto meal. Made with fresh from the garden Cube of Butter squash, Moringa Pods, and garlic this garlic gluten-free moringa noodles with squash meal is truly amazing.
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something from one of our links we may earn a small commission, doesn’t cost you any more but helps us to bring you more great tips, recipes and garden ideas. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
We make these noodles by hand. They are really quite easy to prepare. Just a few simple, nutritious ingredients are all it takes to create fabulous homemade pasta. If you don’t have moringa trees or powder, you can try substituting tomato powder for red noodles, or leave it out and just make plain gluten-free noodles from the recipe mentioned below:
Gather your ingredients for the Garlic Gluten-Free Moringa Noodles with Squash Recipe:
For this recipe, you will need 1 medium yellow squash, 2 cloves garlic, butter (we used dairy-free) and moringa pods (or you can substitute them with green beans)
Wash your veggetables, then cut the squash into 1/4 in slices. I like to cut the moringa pods into bite sized pieces about 2″ long.
Saute the veggies
We love our cast iron pans for cooking. We have a variety of sizes and brands that we have used over the years. The one below is a 10″ cast iron pan which is the perfect size for sauteing our garden veggies. We added the butter and garlic to the pan and heated it slightly before adding the veggies. The butter and garlic will become the sauce for this pasta dish.
Boil your noodles for 2 minutes
While your veggies are cooking, you can begin to prepare your noodles. These homemade noodles cook up within 2 minutes! Add the noodles to pot a few at a time to avoid clumping. Give the noodles a quick, gentle stir to prevent them from sticking together. The noodles will float to the top of the water when they are done cooking.
Add the veggies to the pasta
Serving meals in pretty dishes makes the experience so much better. You took the time to create some wonderful homemade food. Meals like this deserve to be showcased in the best way you can. After the noodles are cooked, it is time to add the veggies & garlic butter sauce to the bowl. Don’t they look amazing!
Gluten Free Moringa Noodles with Yellow Squash
- 1 Cube of Butter Squash , 1/4" Slices Any yellow squash will work.
- 5 Fresh Moringa Pods, cut into 2" pieces Or Green Beans
- 4-5 tbsp Butter Adjust amount to taste, this will be the sauce.
- 2 cloves garlic, pealed and chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Heat butter and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat
- Wash & Cut your veggies from above. (Squash, Moringa, Garlic)
- Add the veggetables to the fry pan and cook until tender.
- Add 1 batch of the homemade noodles to the boiling water. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until they begin to float to the surface.
- Drain noodles, add them to a large bowl.
- Pour veggetables and sauce over the noodles, gently mix & enjoy!
- What did we grow in our small backyard garden in June?
- What to Plant in your Arizona Low Desert Garden in July
- Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- 8 Delicious ways to use Cantaloupe, Summer Recipe Ideas
- How to grow cantaloupe in your summer garden