The weather outside is frightful… frightfully cold anyway….. unless you live in Arizona. 13 degrees outside today… somewhere else…. 70 Degrees here.
My posts may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something from one of our links we may earn a small commission, doesn’t cost you any more but helps us to bring you more great tips, recipes and garden ideas. Also, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases .
I find there is no better way to warm up cold fingers than with a nice hot cup of java. The only problem is that I have a really big sweet tooth that the dentist can’t seem to remove. So what do I do? Since we don’t like artificial sweeteners, high fructose corn syrup and any ingredient we can’t pronounce, I like to makes my own coffee sweeteners and flavors. My favorite is the homemade Peppy Peppermint Syrup.
Here are some of my favorites:
- Peppy Peppermint
- Cozy Caramel
- Very Vanilla
These homemade syrups are very easy to make and you can pretty much make any flavor under the sun once you get the hang of it. One cup of homemade syrup costs about $.75 to make depending on factors like if the sugar was on sale or not, what brand of extract you purchase and from where… Don’t like to use sugar? Substitute honey or agave syrup (Vegan).
In the recipe below for the homemade Peppy Peppermint Syrup, we used Peppermint Extract. If you can’t find it locally you can find it on amazon:
Peppy Peppermint Syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Peppermint Extract
- Place sugar and water in a small saucepan. Simmer over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved, stiring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Slowly and carefully mix in the peppermint extract. Stir well.
- Let the syrup cool and place in clean bottle for storage in the refrigerator.
- Super Healthy Veggie Turkey Burgers
- Drying Basil From the Garden in a Dehydrator
- Easy Hack for Irrigation Drip Line Installations
- How to Grow Grapes in Arizona
- Homemade Bone Broth Recipe